In what could be a once-in-a-generation kind of event, we were treated to a rare "reverse-Barajas" last night. Of course, in the end, it was the Marlins who were at the business end of the Barajas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In what could be a once-in-a-generation kind of event, we were treated to a rare "reverse-Barajas" last night. Of course, in the end, it was the Marlins who were at the business end of the Barajas.
12 comments:
I like your style, Smitch. There were indeed some powerful forces at work last evening (let us not ignore that Byung-Hyun Kim was the Marlins starting pitcher). I believe we must call into order an immediate session of the Barajas Supreme Court.
So many complicated things at play here that must be untangled:
1) It was Barajas in the field, not, as we have witnessed in all previous instances of Barajasing, with that bat.
2) Hanley Ramirez was the Sox top prospect at the time of the original Barajasing.
3) Brett Myers, who beat his wife in Boston last season, seems to have injured himself somewhere in close temporal proximity to this most recent Barajasing.
4) The Blue Jays, who had Barajas in their clutches last off-season, seem to have been delivered the Ultimate Barajas, as, I believe, all 25 members of their Opening Day roster have either perished or forgotten how to play baseball.
Wow.
This either changes the definition of "Barajas" entirely or sets so many new precedents to the Barajas that they are difficult to comprehend.
This play could be DIRECTLY attributed to Barajas' mythical place in Scrodes baseball octagonals... and yes, Brett Myers' Boston connection adds to the lore... as does the entire Barajased career of Kim... or it could be because Barajas sucks.
But if we know anything, it's that he'll rebound tonight. Barajas is always good for a base knock or two.
I'm dying of laughter. It seems I've been Barajased by my own acknowledgement of the Reverse Barajasing.
This all gives rise to an idea: they should make Mentos-like commercials where people get Barajased, and upon realizing that they are the victim of a Barajasing, give a knowing smile to the Barajaser.
(PS, I still don't fully understand what it means to be Barajased, so forgive me if I've used the term incorrectly)
Yeah, next time why don't you do a little research:
Barajas (v.) - To be demoralized and defeated by a sub-par professional athlete after joking about his talents in an email exchange days earlier.
I agree with you about Brian Scalabrine, but you better watch out, he just might barajas you guys Thursday night.
How foolish of me to say Jose Lima was washed up, he totally barajased us with that perfect game, no?
can someone please explain this? my head hurts, and it sounds like it's funny
RM- here's a little
background reading, which I probably should have freshened up on before I put the post up.
That is absolutely hilarious. I am going to Barajas someone tonight just for the hell of it.
There are many things to consider here. First and foremost, the very definition of a proper Barajasing. It very well could be the case that when Bryan and I unleashed this wonderous beast on the world we had no idea just how powerful it would grow. Almost instantly (upon witnessing the grand slam in person) we knew something very special had happened. Then the legend grew. Long ago we thought we had pinpointed a definition, but the events of last night have lead me to believe otherwise. How would one prompt such events as those with the simple type of joke the original Barajas derived from? Surely a joke that brought about that series of events must have been at least a paragraph in length and that is clearly outside the bounds of The Original Barajas. It seems The Barajas might be an organic, shapeshifting spectre that refuses to be tied down by any single codified set of regulations. It is crafty, it is all-knowing and, most importantly, it cannot be denied. It seems very likely that years from now, during a break from the action in our wheelchair basketball game at the Town Hall, we will chuckle at how naive we were to believe we knew anything about what is Barajas is and what it is not. It is nothing and it is everything.
haHa!
clearly you guys need to add the barajas definition into urbandictionary.com for it to be recorded for all posterity.
Here's a link to the site that'll help you get started http://add.urbandictionary.com/definition.php?word=barajas
-r-
In an update to comment the first, it appears the Blue Jays have appeared to remember how to play baseball at precisely the right time.
I also must give Ben a hearty round of (virtual) applause for this one:
It seems The Barajas might be an organic, shapeshifting spectre that refuses to be tied down by any single codified set of regulations.
That is wonderful.
Finally, I think we need Louis to make sense of all this mess for us. All the information is there, and I think he's the one that can solve it, Da Vinci Code-style. I don't think will things will be settled until this happens. Consider this a formal request.
Post a Comment