Tuesday, April 24

Brandon Roy

What a disaster.

But, ummmm, I'm not sure I like the way this went down.

5 comments:

rm said...

Really, you don't approve? Should they have held a cermony for this guy?

I did a fist pump in the cube when I read this. Maybe he'll get mad enough to go on a rampage and take out Danny and Doc too.

Ben said...

No, no, allow me to clarify.

I applaud that they have decided to cut ties with Telfair. He is not a good basketball player.

However, something just doesn't seem right about that Wyc email. Implying, as it does, not only Telfair's guilt, but also seemingly suggesting that this decision was made because of his off-court trouble and NOT because Ainge fucked up and essentially traded the rookie of the year for a jerkoff that Scoonie Peen could best in a game of one-on-one.

rm said...

Ok, I see what your saying. Yeah, that email did almost sound like it was written even before this latest fiasco. And I would pay a lot to see that Bassy/Scoonie show down. I figure in a game to 11 Scoons is a four point favorite. Let the line start there.

Penny said...

I played against Scoonie once my freshman year.

rm said...

This from the Boston Globe today:

"He was clearly our best point guard coming out of training camp," Ainge declares. "At the time, we were running an offense called 'Random,' which is more of an uptempo style that fits his game. We stopped doing that, and I'm not saying we shouldn't have, due to our personnel. But it wasn't good for Sebastian."

"Random" was the name of one of their offensive sets? Seriously, even if that was the philosophy behind the offense, why would you ever name it such. You really think players are buying into a system called "random" and the coach that asks them to run it. They need to be fired yesterday, all of them.