Friday, September 28

What car am I going to buy

Scrodes nation, I need your help in the decision of what car I am planning on buying. I essentially have unlimited options but seem to be favoring these 4.

Mini Cooper- $23,000
Scion TC- 20,000
Toyota Carolla- 18,000
Honda Civic Hybrid-23,000

Any thoughts, perhaps we could use the poll feature for a thing of this nature. Ben?

6 comments:

Ben said...

HOW'S THAT FOR POLL SERVICE?

I'm... I mean... Let's move on.

Well, you know I'm rolling with the hybrid. Plus, I dig them Honda Civics in general. Although, you throw 'TC' into the nomenclature of an automobile and I begin to think that automobile might just be the Official Car of Red Scrodes Nation.

Mini Cooper is neat and all but it's kind of a yuppie car, no? Toyota Carolla strikes me as the dependable but uninspired choice.

Nice list of options. I am eager to hear what others think on this.

rm said...

"Kind of a yuppie car?" While I don't necessarily agree with that (I would have said "kind of girlish"), let's not forget we all are in fact yuppies. Unless one of you has become a tight-pants wearing indie rocker without me knowing it.
My girlfriend has a Mini Cooper, and it's a great option, the only drawback besides space being the very weak low-end accelration, a pain if you're doing something like parallel parking on a hill.

Ben said...

How dare you, Rafe! We are young. We are urban. We are professionals. But surely we are not yuppies. I don't even own a car, let alone a BMW!

rm said...

touche! you probably have a point. although I still think I probably fall into the category, given the prevalence of striped collared shirts in the closet. just don't judge me too hard.

Bryan said...

I would like to vote for the hybrid after the fact (and did, via telephone), but I know the winner. Congrats G!

Ben said...

G went out and bought a car before the final votes were tallied?

What a disgrace!