I thought this might be good for those who are bored at work. As we get mentally prepared for Town Hall Hoops, I figured these tales of pick-up basketball might prove to be inspirational for us all:On: Playing park basketball when you're old
The Old Man Basketball Diaries
The Old Man Basketball Diaries, Entry 2: The Injury
The Old Man Basketball Diaries, Entry 3: The Recovery
The Old Man Basketball Diaries, Entry 4: Healed
The Old Man Basketball Diaries, Entry 6: We are Bullshittin'!!!
4 comments:
I can empathize with that guy. I don't play nearly enough any more, as San Francisco is a pretty weak town for hoops, which really surprised me at first, until I realized that everyone is into rock climbing and yoga, not real sports. Also, a trip to Oakland just takes too long.
Rafe (et al), what's the ball schedule this weekend? I'll be there Sat, Sunday and possibly Monday. Let's coordinate.
I get in on Sunday, probably at about noonish. The only complication is some female friends are coming in that afternoon, staying until the 5th, so when I find out when they get in on Sunday I can know if Sunday or Monday works better for me. More details to follow... You aren't staying around for the 4th Bruce? Also, on Monday I'm having people over in the evening for a cookout/party, all are invited, of course, and it may be the perfect way to soothe our injuries with beer.
looks like I'm leaving Tuesday AM - gotta go to New Hampshire and see some cousins who are up there for the week.
Post a Comment