I was hoping he'd write something slightly more detailed, but since I'm mentioned by name more than once, I'm happy. Scrodes Bros-Boston Chapter President... REPRESSSSSENNNT!
>
Fishes,
Just a quick recap of our performance Tuesday night:
We played well on both sides of the ball. We made some offensive mistakes early (particularly myself), but hey, it was the first game. Once shots start falling for people besides Billy, Mark, and Bruce, I think we'll be in pretty fantastic shape offensively. We've got some dope rebounders now, and although it wasn't at its best the other night, I think the post game will prove to be huge.
On D, we were even better. They had one kid who started dropping 3's, but once we put a hand in his face, that wasn't really an issue. With the Giants down low, there wasn't much of a post threat to speak of either. I'd also like to point out some excellent fast-break-thwarting pass interceptions. Bruce and Coffey looked like free-safeties on those quick outlet passes.
The 2-3 zone worked well, but I think we should try to work in the infamous 1-3-1 soon, just so we've got something else to use. Those guys figured out how to beat the zone in the 2nd half, and if it weren't for some clutch sharp-shooting in the closing minutes, it would have cost us the game.
All in all, a great effort all around, and I can safely say that we're only going to get better. Keep it up. By the way, our next game is at 9:15, which means that our fallen Captain, Mr. Vernon, will be in attendance. This makes the next game that much more important. Does anybody want to meet up this weekend (weather permitting) and brush up?
-Adam
Thursday, October 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am still saddened by the way my Fishes career came to a close. I was Willis Reed in Game 7 of the NBA Finals except instead of burying a few jumpers with a broken leg and ralying the troops, my leg fell off. And my face turned an orange/green hue.
By the way, it should be noted that I played that game at the height of my iron-deficiency, which I mention in today's Escapist Entryway post. While I don't recall wanting to eat the protective padding along the baseline of the Cambridge YMCA, it is very possible that this craving distracted my play.
What happened to Mr. Vernon?
FYI: Natty might be available if you're ever in need of a replacement player. He should be in Boston through May.
If it makes you feel any better, the fellas still talk about the time their baby food-yellow buddy heroically attempted to help his club that night.
Mr. Vernon was in a serious car accident this summer. Broken pelvis. He's back up and about, but not yet medically cleared for physical activity. Good news is he's very much on schedule to rejoin the squad for the winter campaign.
I'll keep the Natty in mind. I mean, how could I not? The man's unguardable!
Wow, that's terrible about the accident. Give him my best.
Post a Comment