Saturday, April 28

Mangini is going to make David Harris a Pro Bowler

I am not pleased.

Two of my all-time favorite Wolverines are now with the Jets. Both linebackers. Hobson and Harris. At least BJ Askew is no longer there. That would make it three.

Also, the Manning-to-Gonzalez partnership is going to be absolutely maddening for us Pats fans. Just watch. They'll pick us apart in the slot. Boo.

7 comments:

Bryan said...

That's the Ben spirit I know and love!

Ben said...

Huh? My favorite player from my alma mater when to one of the Patriots biggets rivals. An excellent receiver from my alma mater's biggest rival went to another of the Patriots biggest rivals. They are each going to be very good NFL players for a number of years.

But you couldn't help yourself. I understand. It's okay.

Bryan said...

When I read, "I am not pleased" and "Manning-to-Gonzalez will be maddening to us Pats fans. Just watch. They'll pick us apart in the slot. Boo," it comes off as a tad pessimistic to me. If I was a Pats fan this year (and I am), I would have very little to be pessimistic about, except the whole Asante business - let's get this deal done and get sized for our rings.

Ben said...

This post was only tangentially related to the New England Patriots.

Ben said...

More time to comment now that I am no longer at work.

Pessimistic? I would say no. I simply stated two points of fact. I am not pleased that my favorite Wolverine is now a Jet and I do not look forward to many years of Manning throwing to a route runner as precise as Mr. Gonzalez.

There seems to be an attitude about the New England Patriots that you, Plympton, expect me to have. This seems to be based entirely on our disagreement over Branch, which puzzles me.

We can all agree the Patriots are prohibitive favorites to win another Super Bowl, does that mean we are unable to comment when our foes make solid draft selections?

I am confused.

Bryan said...

I expect you to do nothing but to continue to throw plaudits Rafe's way after his exceptional marathon performance.

Ben said...

That's the Plympton spirit I know and love!