Indeed it is my friend. I plan on spending this evening with a box of tissues and my Three Games to Glory. DVD Needless to, we won't be making it past the AFC championship game.
"He's becommmming a GUNSLINGER." - Gil Santos, Miami game 1994
But seriously, I lost my voice during the AFC Champsionship game screaming "BLEDSOE" when he made his valiant return to the field. My upset at seeing my old college QB lead the Patriots charge up to that point and then go down with injury was immediately overtaken by my joy in seeing the stone giant get his chance to be part of the action. Thank you, sir, for bringing back legetimacy to the franchise (there was Parcells too but he was jerk). I will never understand why you regressed every year after about your fourth, but you still done good. Perhaps a rendezvous with K-3451JJRTX-TRON in Walla Walla sometime soon?
Playing through pain, specifically with a pin in his finger in 1998 “I don’t think he gets enough credit for how tough he was. He would pick himself up off the ground and his chin would be split, and his head was dinged a lot. I’m sure he got more concussions than were known about. I gained a ton of respect for him the way he played with that index finger. It was a night game against the Dolphins [Nov. 23, 1998] and he threw the TD [to Shawn Jefferson] at the end that won it. *****EDITORS NOTE: I, Penny, was blessed to witness this majestic pill from my endzone (the very endzone in which Jeff scored) seats at Foxboro that night ********* And he continued to play with a half-inch pin sticking out of the index finger of his throwing hand. Anyone that has played football knows that’s the last one to come off the football. I saw him in the weeks after that taking shots so he could play and it took 4-5 people on the medical staff to hold him down, so the doctors could insert the needle into the upper joint of the index finger. It was excruciating, you’re hearing him scream. But he went out and played. Tell me who would do that?”
Honestly Zo, outside of myself, I can't think of anybody.
Now, can I hear one last "Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!" from everyone? How bout it?!
7 comments:
Indeed it is my friend. I plan on spending this evening with a box of tissues and my Three Games to Glory. DVD Needless to, we won't be making it past the AFC championship game.
"He's becommmming a GUNSLINGER." - Gil Santos, Miami game 1994
"Glenn to the near side left
Jefferson to the far side right
Coates in motion
There's a fake to Curtis
Drew looks
Fires to Coates over the middle...
TOUCHDOWN!"
I still say they should have picked Rick Mirer.
But seriously, I lost my voice during the AFC Champsionship game screaming "BLEDSOE" when he made his valiant return to the field. My upset at seeing my old college QB lead the Patriots charge up to that point and then go down with injury was immediately overtaken by my joy in seeing the stone giant get his chance to be part of the action. Thank you, sir, for bringing back legetimacy to the franchise (there was Parcells too but he was jerk). I will never understand why you regressed every year after about your fourth, but you still done good. Perhaps a rendezvous with K-3451JJRTX-TRON in Walla Walla sometime soon?
haHa!
Zolak reflects:
Playing through pain, specifically with a pin in his finger in 1998
“I don’t think he gets enough credit for how tough he was. He would pick himself up off the ground and his chin would be split, and his head was dinged a lot. I’m sure he got more concussions than were known about. I gained a ton of respect for him the way he played with that index finger. It was a night game against the Dolphins [Nov. 23, 1998] and he threw the TD [to Shawn Jefferson] at the end that won it. *****EDITORS NOTE: I, Penny, was blessed to witness this majestic pill from my endzone (the very endzone in which Jeff scored) seats at Foxboro that night ********* And he continued to play with a half-inch pin sticking out of the index finger of his throwing hand. Anyone that has played football knows that’s the last one to come off the football. I saw him in the weeks after that taking shots so he could play and it took 4-5 people on the medical staff to hold him down, so the doctors could insert the needle into the upper joint of the index finger. It was excruciating, you’re hearing him scream. But he went out and played. Tell me who would do that?”
Honestly Zo, outside of myself, I can't think of anybody.
Now, can I hear one last "Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!" from everyone? How bout it?!
Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-rm
"I’m sure he got more concussions than were known about."
I think, deep down, we all knew about them.
Post a Comment