By, "not listening to Radiohead," what exactly do you mean? I've owned The Bends for many years and I've listened to it quite a bit. I have OK Computer in the iTunes, Hail to the Chief on my iPod. I don't go out of my way to listen to them, but I have listened to them. If you have the impression that I dislike Radiohead, you are mistaken. Though I do suspect I'll never appreciate them at a level you find acceptable.
I'm more of a hip-hop guy. I do not give Plymetheus shit for not worshiping the catalogues of A Tribe Called Quest or De La Soul, why must he rag me about Radiohead?
If you have "Hail to the Thief" I have no complaints - at least you have a representative sample of their music to make their own decision. For some reason I didn't think you had that one, and OK Computer was released when the Yankees merely had one title in the 90's. We will carry on like adults now. You my boy, blue!
I somehow missed your Dilla comments. I am a little confused by them. Especially this: "Forgive me if I think great music transcends tastes." I'm not sure where that came from. I mentioned that I was more of a hip-hop guy simply to illustrate the fact that you don't appreciate my favorite music like I do.
I don't see much of a comparison between Dilla and Radiohead. I spread the Dilla gospel because 1) Dilla died, and 2) so few people who aren't hardcore hip-hop fans knew who Dilla was. (Did I really insist that you buy?) Meanwhile, Radiohead is widely considered the best band in the world. It's not as though I don't know about Radiohead, I simply haven't gotten into them.
This whole thing came out of nowhere and it's very odd.
9 comments:
That's awesome, but not listening to Radiohead is a self-ZANGERS.
By, "not listening to Radiohead," what exactly do you mean? I've owned The Bends for many years and I've listened to it quite a bit. I have OK Computer in the iTunes, Hail to the Chief on my iPod. I don't go out of my way to listen to them, but I have listened to them. If you have the impression that I dislike Radiohead, you are mistaken. Though I do suspect I'll never appreciate them at a level you find acceptable.
I'm more of a hip-hop guy. I do not give Plymetheus shit for not worshiping the catalogues of A Tribe Called Quest or De La Soul, why must he rag me about Radiohead?
You insisted I buy Donuts. And I bought it and loved it. Forgive me if I think great music transcends tastes.
You spread the Dilla gospel, I'll spread mine, but I won't bother you with it any more.
"Hail to the Thief"
I'm a big fan, as you can see...
"Climbing Up the Walls" just started playing on my iTunes. I have it on shuffle. 5000 songs. Magic.
Right after the Radiohead, Tribe's "Like It Like That" has started playing. I wish I were joking... no, I don't, this is pretty fucking amazing.
iTunes shuffle is on some next level mind reading shit.
Zang!
If you have "Hail to the Thief" I have no complaints - at least you have a representative sample of their music to make their own decision. For some reason I didn't think you had that one, and OK Computer was released when the Yankees merely had one title in the 90's. We will carry on like adults now. You my boy, blue!
I somehow missed your Dilla comments. I am a little confused by them. Especially this: "Forgive me if I think great music transcends tastes." I'm not sure where that came from. I mentioned that I was more of a hip-hop guy simply to illustrate the fact that you don't appreciate my favorite music like I do.
I don't see much of a comparison between Dilla and Radiohead. I spread the Dilla gospel because 1) Dilla died, and 2) so few people who aren't hardcore hip-hop fans knew who Dilla was. (Did I really insist that you buy?) Meanwhile, Radiohead is widely considered the best band in the world. It's not as though I don't know about Radiohead, I simply haven't gotten into them.
This whole thing came out of nowhere and it's very odd.
But yes, let us carry on like adults.
Post a Comment