Even with Jefferson in the mix, I think I'm all for it. With Allen and Pierce on board, you might as well go for it, right? Right.
I would much rather they kept Gomes though, since without him, we're left with essentially no bench. And I mean, c'mon, they're already getting Al, Gerald, Ratliff's contract and 2 #1s (though in theory those would be in the 20s anyway, so not a huge loss.) That should really be more than enough.
I mean, I'm really not qualified to comment, but...
I agree that IF you are going to trade for Ray Allen, it obviously makes sense to trade for Kevin Garnett. As Danny believes this, this move would be a tremendous logical follow-up. There's little bad to say about Garnett for the next couple years. If this happens, it'll be fun.
Agreeance with Bruce. The poor showing in the lottery seemed to force their hand to make a move for the present rather than the future. The Allen trade left them in no man's land with two scoring vets and a load of pups. This is a sensible move even if it only leaves them with a 2-3 year window to win it all.
Shame that Delonte West, the guy I claimed all along would be perfectly suited to be a 6th man (not a starting point guard) would have been the perfect fit for this roster.
Rafer, I would be surprised if Rondo isn't the starting point guard.
Yeah, you're probably right Ben. What I meant to say was "a veteran point guard," not necessarily to start over Rondo, but to provide some guidance and spell him on off nights (when he's turning the ball over).
7 comments:
Even with Jefferson in the mix, I think I'm all for it. With Allen and Pierce on board, you might as well go for it, right? Right.
I would much rather they kept Gomes though, since without him, we're left with essentially no bench. And I mean, c'mon, they're already getting Al, Gerald, Ratliff's contract and 2 #1s (though in theory those would be in the 20s anyway, so not a huge loss.) That should really be more than enough.
I mean, I'm really not qualified to comment, but...
I agree that IF you are going to trade for Ray Allen, it obviously makes sense to trade for Kevin Garnett. As Danny believes this, this move would be a tremendous logical follow-up. There's little bad to say about Garnett for the next couple years. If this happens, it'll be fun.
Globe reports that deal is done, and doesn't mention Gomes.
Agreeance with Bruce. The poor showing in the lottery seemed to force their hand to make a move for the present rather than the future. The Allen trade left them in no man's land with two scoring vets and a load of pups. This is a sensible move even if it only leaves them with a 2-3 year window to win it all.
SIGN BREVIN KNIGHT!
Yeah, they just need a point guard and they'll have a nasty starting five.
Shame that Delonte West, the guy I claimed all along would be perfectly suited to be a 6th man (not a starting point guard) would have been the perfect fit for this roster.
Rafer, I would be surprised if Rondo isn't the starting point guard.
Yeah, you're probably right Ben. What I meant to say was "a veteran point guard," not necessarily to start over Rondo, but to provide some guidance and spell him on off nights (when he's turning the ball over).
Post a Comment