Thursday, August 17

Say it ain't so, Tom!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/08/17/questions_could_involve_brady/

10 comments:

rm said...

I'd bet a million dollars he comes out clean on this one, and if not, I think he should hire Belichick to defend him in court.

Ben said...

If he's desperate for a trainer, there's always this guy.

Penny said...

I feel pretty good about the whole thing too, Rafer. Latest is that it looks like 5 or 6 years ago. One time, silly 6th round draft pick thing, hopefully...

ps: Rafe - can I crash at your pad the first half of Thanksgiving week or not?


Related Pats' stuff: In preparation for the upcoming season, I've been watching 3 Games to Glory II and 3 Games to Glory III. Bonerific, if I do say so myself. And if I've learned anything from those films, it's this - they need to f'ing sign Deion Branch up NOW. Give the guy his $12 million bonus, his $18 million bonus, whatever the fuck it is, and be done with it. PLEASE.

Ben said...

Yup, with no Givens and no Branch they currently have the worst wide receiving corps in all of football. No lie. Perhaps Belichick and Pioli think Graham, Watson, Thomas, Mills and Pass can make up for it. They would be mistaken. Unless Dillon and Maroney run for 4000 yards Brady could have some difficulty.

Look at this way, there 12 wide receivers on the current roster, only three of which I would like to see on the field during the regular season. Of those three one is a rookie (Chad Jackson), one is inconsistent as all hell (Caldwell) and one is 80 years old (BINGO!!!!). It ain't pretty.

Ben said...

But speaking of football, what the deal with Scrodes Football League? Only three teams? For shame! Anything but 100% attendance is simply unacceptable. You don't even need to draft if you don't want to!

Ben said...

Ideally we would all draft. Scheduling issues are a problem. And since nobody seems interested enough to sign up I can only assume that there will be even less interest to agree on a time to draft. This is all very sad.

Penny said...

OK, all signed up. That's 4.

Bryan said...

Louis, here are some general rules to abide by while I'm here, because I'm clearly the most curmudgeonly and we all want to get along:

1) If you're not playing, no complaining.
2) If you are playing, sign up.
3) If you are ranking players, you might as well play.

Also, some clarifications:

1) We are auto-drafting, yes, for the same reason we started this blog: to communicate with each other when we're all over the map. That makes a real draft hard.
2) Auto-drafts don't matter as much in football because it's about having the team much more than picking it.
3) You could win fantasy football without spending hours on it, that's why it's fun (for us).
4) No self-respecting football league uses a roto format. Please.

And finally, the reasons you will be joining the league:

1) Everyone else will do it.
2) We will dominate the blog with football talk and you will feel neglected.
3) If you join, you can complain vigorously about how stupid the league is, and you will enjoy this.
4) It will be fun and we can watch football together since we live very close to each other, and that would make me happy.

(I realize that was like hugging you after punching you the fact 10 times)

Bryan said...

FYI, we must contact Sam on the 'Yard to sign up, cuz that's where he is.

Also, Kate Mitchell is engaged.

Ben said...

Sam's probably at the fair right now. I am jealous.

Learning of the engagement of a classmate of mine from 1st grade through high school makes me feel old and directionless--of course, no disrespect intended to our older bachelors so don't pounce on me . But I'm quite happy for Kate. Please pass along my congratulations, Shammy.