Tuesday, August 29

This blogging stuff ain't no joke

I was poking around the web, looking at other blogs that link to mine, or discuss mine, and I came across this (EDIT: Seems as though they took down their post. Very curious. They must have tracked an influx of guests coming from this link and felt silly. I believe that makes me 2-0 in my professional blog fighting career--if you count my assistance in the Great Tally Ho Uprising). It seems Rafe and I got referenced in these sick, sick, sad people's analysis of the Jake and Chris sighting. Much like the Tally Hall incident showed us, the sycophants will find you, no matter how tucked away your blog may be.

Here are some quotes for those who don't wish to search through the muck:

some dude who knows both chris and jake personally (obviously more chris than jake) sounds appalled at the idea that ppl think they are f*ck buddies: http://scrodes.blogspot.com/2006/05/look-its-chris.html

his words: "Worse still, on the page I posted the link to, people wonder if that's Jake's new gay lover--I'm sure Chris is thrilled about that one. These people need to get a life, and I really need to get back to work."

_________________


"Rafe at that blog sounds a bit defensive. Methinks that Chris is appalled that He and Jake's little secret is being discussed on some tacky blog."

_________________


How would Rafe know?

_________________


"Rafe wouldn't know I would assume. If something was going on I don't think [Chris] would discuss it for obvious reasons. I think the "appalled" reaction is more of "oh, shit, they are talking about me on a blog". Chris is a "civilian", Jake's non-actor friends are starting to get caught in the gossip crap now."

_________________


as anon above suggested, jake's non-actor "friends" are getting caught in the gossip crap... rafe's friend had additional commentary on his blog-- don't like how this guy sounds a lot of celeb-happy than rafe though:

http://escapistentryway.blogspot.com/2006/05/lynx.html

"It's really quite funny. The guy pictured with Gyllenhaal is a fellow West Tisbury Hawk by the name of Chris. Gyllenhaal is a part-time Vineyard resident and during summers past he has joined Chris, Rafe, myself and other distinguished Up-Island residents for pickup basketball on the mean streets of Chilmark (sadly I was not in attendance when Natalie Portman was a spectator). Anyway, scroll down to the see the first comment below the pictures. I had the thought that when we're back playing basketball over the 4th of July Gyllenhaal will be there and the paparazzi will swarm. The Scrodes Bros. will find themelves all over the pages of the gossip rags and our blog will become the most popular web site in the history of the world. I had this thought. Then it passed"

_________________


"distinguished up-island residents"

BARF!!"

_________________


I know. What an idiot and probably a liar. I don't think Jake would associate with someone so pathetic.

_________________


i agree the guy sounds a lil pathetic, but not a liar. we saw those hamptons wedding pics where jake played b-ball with the townies there-- i think jake is a friendly, unassuming guy, and i don't think he's choosy with acquaintances/those he plays ball with... anyway, the point of all this is, i don't think chris and jake are anything other than best buddies.


_________________


Sarcasm is clearly not the forte of hero worshipers. They called ME pathetic when they're the people commenting feverishly on a blog that is dedicated to the sexuality of a movie star!!! A movie star they will never ever meet, and certainly never fuck!!! I love it! They called me an idiot and a liar!!!! Also great! They called me "celeb-happy"!!!!! Amazing! Celebrity web-stalkers find ME celeb-happy!!! Touching.

23 comments:

Bryan said...

BARF!!

Penny said...

ben... i need more of this

Bryan said...

You know what's awesome about this? They all know exactly who Chris is.

Ben said...

They even know his last name!

They speculate whether he's Jewish!

They were talking about how he's grown chubby recently!

They referred to him as a "civilian!"

It's so fucking pathetic it's very nearly endearing

Ben said...

Google the word "scrodes"

we've knocked the band from the top!

rm said...

Great, as I lie on my death-bed (really bad sore throat), I get to read about myself in the celebrity gossip world. The weird thing is, I feel like a sycophant myself for being involved, and now realize that, courtesy of Google, our little way of keeping in touch is easily accesible to any random person in Ulan Bator or Baton Rouge. Can we make this website private, I like this format for keeping in touch with each other, but would rather have it not available to everyone in the world if possible.

On happier notes, I picked up The Roots and Strange Fruit Project's new albums. Really like the latter, still kind of unsure about the former, having to get used to a new sound that's more rock than in the past--their albums may no longer be a "must-buy" for me in the future.

Ben said...

This is easily the best Roots album since Things Fall Apart. Granted, I've not made it all the way through yet as the first two tracks were played several times before moving on, but this is fiya!

Ben said...

The only thing that I could think of to move forward in a more clandestine fashion would be to make it so that our posts don't each own a unique page. In other words, others (or even us) wouldn't be able to link directly to our posts, only to the Scrodes main page.

Anyone here who has anything they want deleted has the power to roll through our arvhives and pull some weeds. However, I don't think there is very much troubling material at all. As long as we don't use peoples full names--I was somewhat surpised that Ply did this with a certain Scrodes sibling recently--I think it would be hard for us to cause anyone embarrassment. Perhaps we should remove the photo of Scrodes, but beyond that we have only a few posts about "civilians."

Ben said...

RM, by my count there are only 2 songs that are moving far into the "rockish" direction. It's not like this is The New Danger or anything.

Ben said...

Actually, now that I think about it, not having each post stored on its own unique web page would make it hard for people to stumble upon specific posts of ours through Google. Would that make you guys feel better about things?

rm said...

on second listen, I am liking Game Theory a lot more. I don't know why I feel it's more rockish, but I actually kind of meant that in a positive way, any issues I have with the album are for other reasons (too much distortion, for example). Who is Peedi Peedi? I like the song with him on it. Were you able to get The Healing, or is your record store still out of it?

Ben said...

Peedi Peedi used to be in State Property. It's that Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam connection! Yeah, "Long Time" is a nice song. The inclusion of Malik B. makes "Game Theory" my favorite track at this early stage.

Black Thought is FAR more political and FAR more personal than in previous efforts. I like this, maybe it will allow him to get the level of respect he has long deserved. It's hard not to agree with all those who have been saying this would be The Roots darket record, but Halflife was pretty dark in its own right.

I hear you on the distortion critique.

Track 10 samples some Radiohead action. I know there are some amongst us who will be intrigued to hear that.

Also, a man named Pedro Martinez has several production credits on the album!

Got the The Healing but it remains in plastic while I give Game Theory listen #3. Excited to hear it though.

Ben said...

Well, it's actually a toss up between "Game Theory" and "Can't Stop This." Black Thought over "Time: The Donuts of the Heart" is powerful stuff.

Ben said...

"Clock With No Hands" is making a late push for the Day 1 lead!

Ben said...

am loving this album. If I may be so bold as to do this after just four listens, here is my new order:

Illadelph Halflife
Things Fall Apart
Game Theory
Phrenology
Do You Want More?!!!??!
Tipping Point
Organix

Ben said...

Codenames are good, LTS.

Bryan said...

Ahem... let's not get crazy over a bunch of fucking lunatics, guys. We're not exactly trading nuclear codes here. If you don't want something on the blog, send an email.

Ben said...

Thank you voice of reason, but nobody's going crazy. I just don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable about blogging. I, obviously, could care less about making an ass out of myself... and my friends and family.

LTS is right to point out that making fun of people from home could prove to be hurtful. I agree. That's my only concern.

Ben said...

For example

MJA said...

I'm sorry that you gentleman had to endure the wrath of the Jake Army. But at least you were not alone, as I was in my fight against Tally Hall's minions. Well, BAG surely gave me some valuable support. I really thought that obvious sarcasm was a global language. Not so.

Ben said...

I've learned in recent days, through our tough slog with the Tally's and now today, that sarcasm and wit are tools the fantasyland residents of celebrity blogs and crappy band message boards seem to be without. It is as though, in their isolated, utopian worlds of idolatry, the figures of their affection are so beyond reproach that if an outsider has anything to say about them it will inevitably attract the ire of legions of lonely zealots. Hobbies are good and obsessions can sometimes be productive, but it troubles me to think that some minds become so singularly focused and sensitive that they lose the capability to conduct rational thinking.

Sam said...

Bryan's comment reminds me, here are those nuclear codes I promised:

Cookies
Face
Biscuits
Byron Evans

Bryan said...

Wait a second, Shammy, Byron Evans and I could be just friends without there being any sort of sex going on. We are having sex, but that's besides the point.