Monday, September 11

Well that's the end of that.










Looks like it's confirmed. I'm strangely ambivalent.

UPDATE: Scratch that, I'm pissed.

10 comments:

Ben said...

You beat me to it by mere moments!

I deleted my post, but it had said: "Ply puffs out hiis chest but then remembers that it was the putrid pass offense that made him feel sour on Sunday"

In other news, I was very serious about buying a Branch Seahawks jersey.

Ben said...

Honestly though, as a fan of the team I can't be angry at all with a first round pick for Branch. Now, in the short term if Chad Jackson doesn't get himself on the field and Troy Brown and Bam Childress continue to play huge roles in the passing game, I will bitch about it.

Ben said...

Congratulations to Bruce for jumping on that waiver wire and snagging Deion with the quickness!

Bryan said...

Oh, Ben, you'll bitch about it either way.

Sam said...

And at least he's not on the Jets.

But still, it's a boner.

Ben said...

Either way? Meaning if they had kept him and signed him I would have bitched?

G said...

Now lets just pray that Seattle goes 1-15 and we get Ted Ginn Jr. What are the stipulations for this pick? Is it a definite for next years draft?

Penny said...

Thanks Benny.

Quick thoughts on trade:

- At this point, this is clearly the best we could have hoped for.

- I'm not confident Chad Jackson will be able to significantly contribute this year (rookie receiver, no camp, etc, etc)

- Doug Gabriel better be good

- Reche is wretched

- I still don't understand why they haven't signed a veteran like Rod Gardner? (a veritable Vincent Brisby for a year or two there in Washington) Instead we get Bam and Jonathan Smith on the practice squad express

- Ugh. Sigh.



ps: I beleive it's a 2007 first rounder straight up

rm said...

If we trust the management then we should be happy since they got what they wanted out of this, although I've never been too big on the proven weapon for draft pick philosophy. Just look at how many picks go bust vs. how many picks work out. I think Branch will end up regretting this, but then again, I think the Patriots will too. This just wasn't handled the way negotiations should be handled on either side, does anyone know how high the Patriots went in their offers to Branch?

Ben said...

"veritable Vincent Brisby"!!!!!!!