Wednesday, November 1

First snag


So last night, we finally lost. It was a tight game all the way (we were even up by like 8 in the second half at one point), but kind of fell apart for a stretch at about the 10 minute mark. Really uncharacteristic shit, with the big fellas missing a bunch of barely contested lay ups and bunnies, plus some ugly turnovers by us little guys. I hold myself quite responsible for the loss to be honest with you, cause after having possibly the greatest personal half in the history of my Fish career, I went to complete shit in the second half. I think I had 14 points on like 5/6 shooting (inc a few threes and an old fashioned three point play) by the break. Add a couple boards and dimes (that means assists, whities) and I was feeling pretty darned good about myself. We had a full eight man squad though, so I pulled myself for the first 7/8 minutes of half 2. By the time I got back in, the hot hand had gone cooler than a just-cracked tub of bluefish patai (trying to keep it relevant here, just go with it). Second half – maybe 2 points, 2 assists. WEAK.

Anyway, the whole affair was highly disappointing after the way we'd been playing. Still, I’m gonna go ahead and give you a Joe Willy Namath-guarantee that your favorite Fish will get back to our winning ways next week. Keep the faith.

Ps: Go Celts.

2 comments:

Penny said...

YESSS! Just found out that Bradycake's scored us some free seats for tonight's ballgame. Apparently we're gonna be center court, half way up the loge. (Louis, I'll be sure to say hi to your favorite majority owner)

As for Scrodes Ball, Ben has taken over first place after his victory over me this weekend. Tied going into monday night (thanks, Del-H-mo) and.... he had the Pats' D. I'm in third, Sammy's in second. Everybody is dogshit. That's all you need to know.

Penny said...

Correction: that was supposed to say "Everybody else is dogshit."

sorry bout that