enjoyed this comment on celtics blog this am:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think Telfair played bad at all.
om, were you watching him on defense ?? Telfair and Dan Dickau could play one on one for 10 hours and neither one would pick up a foul. If it was one on one, Telfair against a chair, I'd probably bet on the chair.
>
ps: Who'd like to join me (Bruce) in starting a Tony Allen Prosecution Fund? He may not be a threat to society, but he's a menace to my basketball team. Let's put this man behind bars before he f's up any more 3 on 1's. Thank you for your support.
Thursday, November 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What's the latest on the Angry Fish?
I don't want to talk about it.
But since you asked...
3-2. Lost again Tuesday night. Combination of too many turnovers, poor rebounding, no Mark (big, polished offensive guy) and unconcious shooting from the other team. All in all, just not pretty.
Hope the slide ends soon. If not you may have to pay Smitch's bus fare from DC (or my airfare) to bring in an offensive burst for the second half.
Ummmm, Rafe, you do realize there is an unguardable free agent who currently resides in South Boston, do you not?
Stats aside (for just one moment, don't panic Lou!) - you gotta watch him in these games. His effort is as weak as his technique. When guys start to penetrate, he doesn't cut them off, he doesn't get in their way - and as the dude on Celts blog said, he definitely don't foul. No, he pretty much provides them complimentary escorts to the lane and/or hoop. (where yes, the big guys have blown too) But I mean, it's just ridiculously bad.
Ps: Here here! More PT for the kid! More pine time for the spaz!
No disrespected intended at all. In fact, I really don't disagree with anything you've said. I'm just a bit flabergasted by what I've watched so far this season (after all, the bottom line is that this game is supposed to be entertaining to watch).
I see no reason why Delonte should not be starting either.
ps: The thing about fouling is that if you're really playing - or at least trying to play - tough D, sometimes you're going to foul. That's just the way it is. (I think Pat Mitchell once lectured a young Sam Mithcell on this topic - am I right there Sam?) So it's not so much advocating that as a policy, as it is illustrating the point that he's giving these other guards stupid amounts of room to operate.
pps: Is it Bastie or Bassy? Is either acceptable? I like it without the T.
Disclaimer: I wrote all that before reading up on last night's game. Judging by Williams' line, I'm guessing Rondo/West didn't play a whole lot more D than Bassy/Bastie.
Tis Bassy.
Oh man, that Gahr-en observation was gold... gold Jerry, gold!
Post a Comment