Tuesday, January 2

To think, I nearly didn't watch

Boise State beats Oklahoma.

Not only THAT but they use the hook and ladder to tie the game in the closing seconds.

Not only THAT but they use the statue of liberty to win the game in OT.

Not only THAT but running back Ian Johnson proposes to his girlfriend, who is a cheerleader, during a post game interview.

Sweet Jesus. I have not just watched a footballl game, I have just witnessed a twelve year old's day dream unfold before me in real time. 2007 is off to a majestic start (ignoring for now Michigan's train wreck earlier today).

I'm sorry the east coasters amongst us were almost certainly asleep when this magic occurred. That was the best college football game I have seen in a loooooong time.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

I watched; I want the Boise St. coach as the Pats Offensive Coordinator.

But let's not kid ourselves: the "looong time" only extends to last year's Rose Bowl, the greatest college football game ever (if only because it was consequential. and better.)

Bryan said...

but let's all start the new year off online, and by that I mean me and ben, with virtual handholding (no homo), so yes, i agree.

Ben said...

I did not see last year's Rose Bowl. Was on a plane. So eat it (no homo).

Bryan said...

what happened to the virtual handholding? jeez.

rm said...

I want to make this a "no homo" free blog, it's bad enough I have to read that in every post on rap sites. But that was a ridiculous game, wish I had watched it live.